Wave Cases - Protect your phone and the planet

Wave phone Cases Protect your phone and the planet
UPDATE November 2023 - I changed my phone and needed a new case. I was still very happy with my one from WAVE. I sent the old case (pictured in this review) back for disposal and purchased a new Wave pink etched case.

This year I'm trying to make a conscious effort when making new purchases to help the planet and it's always great to support a British business. My new phone needed a case and I decided to take a more eco-friendly approach and try to avoid plastic crap from Amazon. A couple of people were interested in my Wave case after I shared it on IG Stories and so I thought my blog readership may also like to know about it.  

There are a number of eco-friendly phone cases on the market and my research lead me Wave. I was looking for a more affordable British option because the Pela cases I've seen advertised are expensive and ship from EU/USA. In the end I made my decision to order from Wave based on available stock. 

"We are three friends that are trying to encourage the change we want to see in the world, one biodegradable phone case at a time. Growing up in a small seaside town in the North East of England, we have seen first-hand the devastating effects plastic pollution has had, and is having upon our oceans."

Wave cases are made from wheat straw which is a biodegradable material. The small flecks visible in the case design are unique and from the straw. The case feels nice to hold and has a matt texture so it's not slippery. I was able to choose from a variety of plain colours, there are no artistic patterns or imagery designs and only a Wave logo imprinted on the back. According to the FAQ page it should protect against general wear and tear but it's not an impact case. Your phone may survive an accidental drop but of course no guarantees are made. 

If you are looking for a new phone case then of course explore your options but I recommend considering Wave. 

Sarah x